HP Announces Full line of LTO-6 Products
HP StorEver LTO-6 Tape Drives
HP has not formally announced its entry into LTO-6 but
has published a complete line of products based on the new Ultrium technology on
its web site, following the same announcements by IBM.
The company now offers its own internal
and external 5.25-inch LTO-6 drives with 6Gb SAS interface, a capacity per
cartridge of 6.25TB and a transfer rate of 1.45 TB/hour, both figures with 2.5:1
The full-height models with HP StoreOpen, LTFS, and HP
- Full-height external StorEver 6650: $5,699 (Part# EH964A)
- Full-height internal StorEver 6650: $5,499 (Part# EH963A)
- Half-height internal StoreEver 6250: $3,999 (Part#
- Half-height external StoreEver 6250: $4,199 (Part#
The 6250 tape drives are integrated into several new
... in 1U ...
- 1U 1 drive /8 cartridges 6250 with 6Gb SAS interface:
$6,600 (Part# C0H18A)
- 1U 1/8 6250 with 8Gb FC interface: $7,900 (Part# C0H19A)
... and 2U ...
- 2U 1/24 MSL2024 with 6Gb SAS interface: $8,600 (Part#
- 2U 1/24 MSL2024 with 8Gb FC interface: $10,500 (Part#
... as well as into libraries
... in 2U ...
- 2U 2/24 MSL2024 with 6Gb SAS interface: $14,540 (Part#
- 2U 2/24 MSL2024 with 8Gb FC interface: $18,500 (Part#
... 4U ...
- 4U 2/48 MSL4048 with 6Gb SAS interface: $17,000 (Part#
- 4U 2/48 MSL4048 with 8Gb FC interface: $18,500 (Part#
... and 8U
- 8U 2/96 MSL8096 with 6Gb SAS interface: $45,500
- 8U 2/ 96 MSL8096 with 8Gb FC interface: $50,000 (Part#
HP is supposed to have in the future enterprise libraries with
over 7,000 media enabling the storage of up to 44.4PB of compressed data.