LTO-7 Tape Media
Designed for an optimal blend of attributes, LTO-7 technology provides industry leading capacity, performance, compatibility, interchangeability and cost control in an open format that's backed by some of the most reliable names in storage (HP, Quantum and IBM). With up to 6TB of native storage, 15TB on a compressed cartridge, LTO-7 tapes provide more than double the compressed capacity of the previous generation of LTO tape. It's faster too, with up to 300 MB/sec native transfer rate, up to 750 MB/sec compressed. That's nearly 2.7TB of data transferred per drive per hour compressed.
- Encryption, features a 256 Symmetric key AES-GCM Algorithm
- WORM option for regulatory compliance
- LTFS - Linear Tape File System - easy as drag and drop
- 30 year shelf life
- Open format - reads 2 generations back, writes 1
- Easily store off-line, easily stored off-site
- Requires less floor space, tape consumes zero energy
sitting on the shelf, the most energy efficient and cost effective method
for storing data.