Overland Storage NEO S-Series Tape Library User Guide
Click here for detailed NEO S-Series user guide pdf data
This document provides information to install, operate, and upgrade a NEO S-Series Tape Library. It covers the
NEO StorageLoader (1U),
NEOs T24 (2U), and
NEOsT48 (4U) libraries. The instructions are intended for the trained System Administrators and trained Users who need physical and functional knowledge of the NEO S-Series library.
A NEO S-Series library provides a compact, high capacity, low-cost solution for simple, unattended data backup. It is compatible with most operating systems and environments with the appropriate interface card. However, the library requires either direct support from the operating system or a compatible backup application to take full advantage of its many features.
Particular emphasis of the NEO S-Series family includes:
- Platform of the tape libraries – independent of tape and drive form factors.
- Configurability – from entry level cost optimized library to a feature rich configuration.
- Broad level of connectivity – SCSI, FC and SAS depending upon installed tape drives.
- Expandability – following devices can be added in the field:
- All units – magazines and tape drives.
- 2U and 4U – extra library controller.
- 4U – extra power supply.
- Technology upgrade – customer can upgrade tape drive technologies (such as, LTO6 to LTO7) in the field.
- Service friendly design – following devices are accessible for quick replacement:
- All units – magazines, from the front of the library; tape drives, from the back of the library.
- 2U and 4U – library controller and power supply from the back of the library.
- Maximum up time – through advanced error handling and recovery capability.
The NEO S-Series family includes the following features:
- The library occupies one SCSI target address and uses separate LUNs for the tape drive and library robotics.
- USB interface to enable serviceability features (library and drive firmware upgrades) and/or customized features (storage on demand) implementation.
- The library can be operated via the front Operator Control Panel (OCP) over the network via the internal Remote Management Interface (RMI) or via the storage interface connection by the host application.
- Supports industry standard management protocols such as SNMP( SMI-S future development).
- Mail slot for import/export of cartridges during library operation.
- Robotic with barcode reader.
- Encompasses rack formats and tabletop functionality for all unit heights (1U, 2U, and 4U).
Please contact your BackupWorks Account Rep for more
information at 866 801 2944.