Overland Storage Launches Enterprise-class Storage Software in New Desktop Design for Small Businesses and Distributed Environments
SnapServer XSD 40
New GuardianOS 7.6 Software Brings High-performance, Space-efficient SnapShots for Continuous Data Protection; Integrates RDX Removable Disk Storage Backup Capability; Enterprise-class Replication and Remote Access Features
Overland Storage announced the availability of its GuardianOS 7.6 release software in a new desktop form factor NAS (network-attached storage) platform. With a small desktop footprint, the SnapServer XSD 40 is the newest member of Overland's award-winning, scalable SnapServer Series of NAS servers, and with SnapServer Manager, makes it easy for customers with small or remote offices to easily manage and protect their data from a central console.
The SnapServer XSD 40, powered by Overland Storage's new GuardianOS 7.6 software, is the simplest and most versatile NAS and iSCSI SAN storage available for today's business needs-from virtualized server and Microsoft Exchange environments, to backup and storage consolidation. Including BitTorrent Sync integration, data stored on the SnapServer XSD 40 can be accessed from anywhere and can easily support collaboration across global or remote offices. Additionally, the built-in inclusion of print server functionality in GuardianOS 7.6 alleviates the need to purchase separate print server licenses, and further reduces IT software costs.
Optimized for data protection and disaster recovery, the GuardianOS 7.6 software delivers limitless volumes with DynamicRAID, RDX removable disk storage backup support, and adds strong enterprise security integration and improved cross-platform file sharing. It allows users to mix and match hard drives of different capacities in the same storage array for uninterrupted storage growth. Self-provisioning storage pools allow multiple NAS volumes and iSCSI LUNs to share the same resources and data protection for simplified administration. This capability commonly found only in enterprise storage arrays, allows system administrators to maximize capacity utilization by enabling thin provisioning of logical storage without requiring the purchase of equivalent physical storage. It also helps with seamless scaling of storage resources in an unpredictable data growth environment among various pools of users.
RDX Removable Disk Storage Backup Integration with Overland SnapServer
Overland Storage provides SMB and SME customers with an affordable integrated solution for backup and data exchange by integrating the SnapServer XSD 40 with RDX disk-based removable disk media. By simply connecting RDX QuikStor to the SnapServer via a built-in USB port, the RDX storage system is automatically detected as a backup device. The combined solution of RDX and SnapServer allows administrators to selectively copy data from disk to RDX and store backup data offsite as part of their disaster recovery plans. Fully integrated in the new GuardianOS 7.6, administrators can format attached RDX media directly with XFS or NTFS options to optimize data for client compatibility and file restores.
Solution Benefits for Small Businesses & Distributed Enterprise
- Self-provisioning and Self-expanding Volumes enable an administrator to easily add storage as business needs change, and automatically integrate new capacity to increase storage space for all client systems
- Create Private Cloud, Protect Data and Access it Anywhere with BitTorrent Sync. Enables customers to conveniently create their own private cloud on a SnapServer NAS without the hassle, risk and expense of a third-party cloud service.
- Continuous Data Protection with High-performance Snapshots enables more efficient capacity utilization, and offers up to 3x improvement in write performance.
- Removable Drive Backup Capability through Integrated RDX Backup gives administrators another way to share and protect data by copying files directly from the SnapServer XSD 40 to removable, high performance RDX disk media attached via USB3.0
- Enterprise-class Security provides local security for small infrastructures or integrates with distributed enterprise networks that include complex security policies.
- Single Pane of Glass Management with SnapServer Manager allows provisioning, monitoring and management of multiple, distributed SnapServer deployments from a central console.
Built on the GuardianOS 7.6 operating system, we are delivering enterprise-grade performance and versatility through a compact desktop NAS form factor that will consistently outperform consumer-grade NAS devices,
with the assurance of Overland's global enterprise-class service and support infrastructure, users in small businesses and distributed enterprises worldwide can confidently and easily deploy the SnapServer XSD 40 across their enterprise to protect and share local files, and replicate remotely for disaster recovery and collaboration.